Thursday, August 5, 2010

Pie Stuffed Cake, and Bacon Explosion!

My good friend Ryan Wade shared this link with me on my Facebook page, and  oh my gosh, I just had to share with my good friends!! Quilting and food somehow seem to go together...especially sweets. Don't ask me how that one happened! But with all the jelly rolls, honeybuns, and turnovers, there had to be a real life Layer Cake...and this is it!
Pie stuffed cake
Can you believe this thing?! Click the link above to see the recipe. I hope someone will make this thing! It's cherry, pumpkin, and apple inside of yellow, white, and spice cake.
YUM.

I am an old fashioned kind of girl, I have to admit. I make my pie crust from scratch and I think it's much sweeter to bring a homemade dish to dinner than anything else. I will post pictures of my apple pie and Gibson chess pie that I'm making this afternoon, tomorrow.

By the way, if you are looking to make your man incredibly happy (or give him a bacon induced heart attack) make sure to check out this recipe as well! Bacon explosion from bbqaddicts.com
My soon to be husband LOVES bacon. I'm thinking we are going to be testing this one out this weekend!!

Ok, now that I've tempted you, don't eat too much!!

<3Bonnie Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment